Hello!
Those photos are so fun! I can't wait to get more in the
mail!
It sounds like Emma is having fun at acting camp! I can't
wait to hear more about it! Did she take a journal with her? I hope so. I've
been thinking back.. but it's hard to do! I have never been great at keeping a
journal, and now I'm scared I'll forget all about my high school and college
experiences! I can't let that happen! I'm so grateful I have been better at
keeping a journal here... That way, if I'm ever struggling, I can look back on
this time here in Nauvoo and take some strength from my previous experiences.
Anyway, that's why I hope she took a journal: so she will remember all the fun
she had and all she learned. Have they been cast yet? What is her part? Also,
my teacher from last semester was Ben Hopkins. I don't know if he's working at
the camp this summer. I've never heard of anyone by the name of Reese. I'm glad
she's having so much fun and that she's made some friends! Yay for friends with
the same standards, who lift us up to be better!
I'm so excited that the apartment situation worked out! You
are seriously THE BEST! You and Mama Nelson both! Man, how crazy and stressful
that must have been... But I'm so glad it worked out! Is there anything I need
to sign or do?... Do you want to wait until I come home to work out the details
and fill me in? It's only three weeks away... :( boohoo!!!!!
In closing, I want to share something I have written down in
my journal. Sadly, I didn't think of it, and also, unfortunately I can't
remember where I heard it or who said it.... But it goes like this:
"If it weren't for God, we wouldn't
be here. If it weren't for Jesus Christ, it wouldn't matter. If it weren't for
Joseph Smith, we wouldn't know."
Cool, right? And so true! With God, we have a purpose, to
learn and become more like Him and to one day live with Him. Because Christ
atoned for our sins, we can repent and continue to move towards that goal.
Because of Joseph Smith, we have the restored gospel and all of the blessings
that go with it, including the knowledge of the plan of salvation and that
families can be together forever. What a glorious plan our Father has made for
us! Thanks for raising me in the gospel so I could know it, live it, love it,
and share it!
I love you so much! Please keep me updated! Letters are better than food here, almost as good as sleep! :) Hurrah for Israel!
xoxo Sister Welch
No comments:
Post a Comment