Hello!! It's been a crazy week... Rather short. And only
four more to go... WAH!!!! :(
I'm glad to hear you and Emma still love all the music to
our shows! I'd be afraid you'd be sick of it, since you came to it twice a day
almost every day you were here! Haha. What recordings do you guys listen to?
Ones on Youtube from previous years, or did you record our stuff?
I loved getting all your post cards! It was a perfect way to
wrap up your time here, since you had given them to me periodically throughout
the week. The last one made me cry! I was so happy you guys got to come here
and experience the beauty of Nauvoo, both temporally and spiritually!
I'm glad you guys are having fun in NY!! I'm so jealous that
you got to see Newsies! Maybe we can go again when I get home? ;) did you go do
baptisms in the Manhattan temple? I remember we got to with LIGHT! Such a neat
experience. Interesting, since it doubles as a chapel, too, right? But it was
amazing to find such peace in such a crazy, noisy city! And you got to see
Wicked! How was that? Better than to two times you saw it when it came to
Gammage? Haha!
We do have to go to all three hours of church. We only did
the one hour thing the first Sunday we were here. Speaking of Church... Guess
who sat with me in RS? Mama Nelson! Elder Nelson's family is here for the week.
It's so great to see them! What happy people! Sister Spittle's family came this
last week, too.
I'm sorry this email hasn't been more meaningful or
Spiritual. It's been a tough week for some reason. But, like we sing in High
Hopes, "Peace, together we'll find peace... All is well!" All is
really well. The saints are such wonderful examples of that. They were asked to
leave almost everything they owned and start a journey that could last years,
but they did so willingly, with faith and hope. Their testimonies kept them
going. Though the task ahead seemed dreary, and they faced many trials along
the way, they kept their spirits up, because they knew it would be alright in
the end. I thought of that this week as I sang that song. Though there are
trials that have been placed in my path here in Nauvoo, all is well! I have a
testimony of this true gospel, and my family has been sealed in the Temple for
all time and eternity! What more could you ask for? Everything else will work
itself out, you know?
xoxo Sister Welch

No comments:
Post a Comment