First Week of Performances!
First week of performances went well! Time is so funny
here... I feel as if it's been forever since we did our shows on Monday... But
also that we went to Carthage Jail just yesterday! Which was a whole week
ago... Like we say here in Nauvoo, "the days are long, the weeks are
short, and lunch never comes." Have I already told you that? Oh well, it's
still funny!
![]() |
| (Amanda is the 8th from the left in the golden yellow dress) |
Carthage jail was neat. Not exactly what I remember. Last
time we went, I remember feeling hopeful, rather than sad. This time it was
really solemn. Not in a bad way. I think the sacrifices of the Saints have been
a focus for me, so I had a different outlook on the whole ordeal. One
thing that was mentioned was the mercy that was shown Joseph Smith in his last
few days. There are a couple of cells in Carthage Jail that are awful and hot
and small and dark. The jailer, however, showed great kindness and moved
Joseph and Hyrum and their party upstairs to his own bedroom to keep them safe.
Even in the struggle of being stuck in a jail, wrongly accused, knowing
that he had completed the work the Lord had sent him to do and would soon be
taken from this life, the Lord showed him kindness and mercy through the
caring actions of the jailer.
This mission is interesting. It's so different from a regular proselyting mission because all we do all day is perform. We don't have ample opportunities to sit and discuss the Gospel with our audience members, or invite them to Christ. Instead, we do that through our performances. We plant seeds. I feel like I've been blessed with an added measure of EVERYTHING being set apart as a missionary. I get extra strength and energy when I need it. I feel like my talents have also been amplified so that I can truly share the light of Christ through my singing and dancing. It's a huge blessing and I'm so grateful! There is no better way to use the talents I've been given than to testify of Jesus Christ and the truthfulness of His restored gospel! My testimony of that has grown so much while I've been here. I see it working everyday, it's the best! I'm excited to study and discover what Spiritual gifts I've been given to help me in the work here.
YPM Sister Amanda Welch
P.O. Box 215
Nauvoo, IL 62354


No comments:
Post a Comment